PRESS RELEASE: Annual Winter Group Exhibit at Furchgott Sourdiffe Gallery in Shelburne



Furchgott Sourdiffe Gallery in Shelburne will be showing their annual winter group exhibit Simple Gifts: A Show for All Seasons from December 3- January 29, 2011. The public is invited to attend a reception with the artists on Friday, December 3, 5:30-7:30 p.m.

The featured artist in the exhibit is Kate Hartley, a longtime Vermont resident currently residing in White River, NY. Hartley describes her fascination with her chosen medium of watercolor and her recurring imagery of pears : "For many years, I have returned again and again to creating watercolor paintings of pears, often with them ripening on sunny windowsills. I have used the pears' almost-figurative forms and variety of skin tones to allow me to represent the people and situations in my life through a still life format. My paintings can be enjoyed simply as light gliding over beautiful forms, or can be seen as my comments on human relationships. Painting in still life offers me a chance to be very close to my subject and thus to see the complexities of color, light and shadows - voluptuous objects illuminated by the slanting and colorful light of early morning or late afternoon - which always inspires me to capture a scene in watercolor. "

The other artists in the exhibit are: Mary Alcantara, Elizabeth Allen, Anne Austin, Annelein Beukenkamp, Matt Brown, Tom Dunne, Jeri Lynn Eisenberg, Steven P. Goodman, Holly Hauser, Kathleen Kolb, Alice Murdoch, Lynn Rupe, Gail Salzman, David Smith, Adelaide Murphy Tyrol, Laura Von Rosk, Barbara Wagner, Dick Weis, and Nancy Weis.

Furchgott Sourdiffe Gallery is located at 86 Falls Road in Shelburne Village. Gallery hours are Tuesday -Friday 9:30-5:30 and Saturdays 10-5. The gallery is known for its eclectic mix of over 40 emerging and established artists working in various media. For more information call 985-3848, write: mail@fsgallery.com, or visit the website at www.fsgallery.com.

Images: Rainy Day Friends and Circle Dance, watercolors by Kate Hartley

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com