From my style file....Binny's abode

This is the beautiful London townhouse of Binny Hudson - a 'flower stylist and design guru' according to Home Beautiful.

Binny's recently-built home would have to be one of my absolute favourites. A little more cluttered than I normally like (Home Beautiful describes it as 'a glorious hotchpotch'), but I am in love with its monochromatic colour scheme, all the wonderful antique curios and the architectural features such as old doors. I love poring over these pictures and looking at all of Binny's little details and treasures - collected over 45 years of marriage. Binny describes herself as a 'great believer in picking up inexpensive items from the high street and mixing them with pricier pieces'. This sounds like a very sound decorating policy to me!


Enjoy!
This room below is jammed packed with things, but still has a calm and soothing feel to it due to the strictly subtle colour scheme. This is a woman with a 'good eye'.




This was an old towell rail with some glass shelves added - what an original idea. Adore the pharmacy glass.





More pictures to follow in a moment.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com