And so summer begins


Summer is my favourite season. I love the long days, the warm balmy nights with the windows thrown open and the crickets singing. Lunch and dinner outdoors, padding barefoot around the house. Crisp cotton sheets and long cool drinks. Cherries, peaches, strawberries, mangoes, apricots and tomatoes. Need I go on?


Of course, here in Australia at least, it also gets stinking hot! So here are some cooling pictures to remind us of all that is great about summer. As a departure to my usual posts, these pictures all feature gardens, because summer is all about being outdoors.
All photos from Australian Country Style (except the candles in the jars - that's Australian Better Homes and Gardens).





















I hope those of you in the southern hemisphere have a fabulous summer, and I hope that those of you in the northern hemisphere remember that it's only six months til it's your turn!

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com