Tinsel-free zone

Come inside...we're putting up our Christmas tree...


It's going in this corner....





Halfway there!




Done!




My red and white baubles make me happy but I've got to replace these lights!



My favourite decorations on our tree are the silver glass baubles with white velvet ribbon....




....and the white china doves with jute string.


It's been so much easier to put up the Christmas tree this year now that my trusty little helper's attention span has increased enough to actually help!


I didn't buy a Christmas tree until I was 31 and pregnant with my son. Until then I'd lived quite happily without one, but when I knew that the following Christmas there would be a baby in the house I went out and bought the biggest, fattest tree I could find. This tree actually helped him to crawl, I'm convinced of it. At five and a half months old I plonked him in the middle of the room on a rug, only to come back a few minutes later to find him in the corner of the room, tugging at a bright shiny bauble on the tree. He's been on the move ever since!


Call me the Christmas Nazi if you wish but I've vowed my tree and indeed my whole house to be a tinsel-free zone. My next mission is to ditch any plastic decorations, now that my son is past the 'let's trash the Christmas tree' phase - it's all fragile glass from here on in!


I managed to get my sister to ditch the tinsel last year...now if only I could get her to colour coordinate her decorations. Actually I should really go check that the tinsel hasn't crept back on this year.


Ok, so I've shown you mine, now you show me yours!

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com