A moodboard for today: colours, textures, materials and motifs for the 2011 home

Picture copyright of Kate Jacobs

I had to make this moodboard on Thursday night as a prop for a shoot on Friday. It was good because I only had about fifteen minutes to sift through my folder of inspirational images and put it together - which stopped me agonizing and never actually completing it. I particularly love the 'at home with a gimp shot' - that gimp has one beautiful pad! I didn't plan it this way but it seems to contain a lot of interiors trends that are reaching their critical mass.  Here's a breakdown:

Colours: caramel, straw, honey, greige, grey, leafy natural greens


Textures and materials: hair, rope, hessian, woven grass (wallpaper), raw and slubby silks, exposed brick, muted metals (think old coins)


Motifs and patterns: plaited hair, sunflowers, the old master still life painting (and the way these celebrate the beauty to be found in humble, everyday things).

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com