Exhibit Dates: 10/11/11 - 11/4/11
Submission Deadline: 9/13/2011
Exhibit information web site: http://www.darkroomgallery.com/ex20
12 Main St.
Essex Jct., VT
Any Questions call (802) 777-3686 or (802) 238 2647
Playgrounds come in all shapes and sizes, and they're likely the first place your sense of adventure was tested . . . and further cultivated.
For the outdoor aficionado, what first started as an obsession for see-saws, swing sets, slides, jungle gyms, and sandboxes, has since turned into an instinctive passion for adventure by means of a different type of playground -- the natural playground.
Whether by trail, rock, water, snow or air, where has your obsession for adventure taken you? What's your photographic definition of Living the Dream? Skiing or snowboarding in the Alps or at your local hill? Climbing in Thailand or at the backyard crag? Mountain Biking in British Columbia or on your neighborhood trails? Surfing pristine Tahiti barrels or a quiet home break? Kayaking through Patagonia or along your favorite coastline?
For those passionate about their adventure and their photography, show us the photographic moments you've captured that will inspire our next adventure . . . in The Natural Playground
Juror: Corey Rich
Corey Rich is a photographer, Filmmaker & Principal at Aurora Photos and one of the world's most recognized adventure and outdoor lifestyle visual storytellers. He has captured stunning still photos and video on a wide array of assignments, including rock climbing in India, ultra-marathon racing in the Sahara Desert of Morocco, freight train hopping in the American West, and snowboarding in Papua New Guinea. His editorial work includes assignments for National Geographic Adventure, Outside, Sports Illustrated and The New York Times Magazine. Commercial clients include Anheuser-Busch, Apple, Nike and The North Face. Today, much of his time goes into capturing both still images and video for the creation of multimedia projects for commercial and editorial clients.
As Vice President and co-owner of Aurora Photos, Rich was the driving force behind founding Aurora’s Outdoor Collection, which is the world’s leading brand of outdoor adventure and outdoor lifestyle photography. Additionally, Rich is a Nikon evangelist and a member of the SanDisk Extreme Team. He is also on the Board of Directors for The Access Fund, member of the Visual Journalism Advisory Board at Brooks Institute, co-founder and lead instructor of the National Geographic Adventure Photography Workshop, member of the Rowell Legacy Committee and on The Rowell Award for the Art of Adventure judging panel. His first book, My Favorite Place: Great Athletes In The Great Outdoors, was published by Chronicle Books.
Juror: Justin Gural
Justin Gural is a marketing and communications freelancer with photography playing a prominent role throughout his commercial and editorial work. He approached us in the Fall of 2010, proposing to prepare and curate a juried gallery exhibit focusing on sports, adventure, travel and the outdoor lifestyle. A concept that relates directly with the active, local Vermont community, as well as the global adventure landscape, we're excited to see "Natural Playgrounds" come to fruition.
As founder and director of Cortex Marketing Network, a full-service marketing and communications agency staffed by an influential group of freelancing professionals, Gural leads the network specializing in integrated brand strategy, design and creative, photo/video production, public relations and copywriting, and event management. He has spent nine years committed to industry-leading brands such as Burton Snowboards, Fuse Marketing, Eastern Mountain Sports, Gatorade/Pepsi Co., MasterCraft Boat Company, Bombardier Recreational Products, USA Swimming, Select Design and the Burlington Free Press.
Gural also leads the editorial team at VentureThere.com, USA Today's adventure sports, active travel and outdoor lifestyle website. He directs the website's content flow, manages photography, writes and edits editorial features, as well as travels to unique destinations while documenting the adventure. He will be covering this exhibit on behalf of VentureThere.com once it's underway, including photo galleries of selected submissions as well as a "Viewfinder" photographer profile of the winning
- 9 Ways to Take Ombre Into Fall
- Photo of the Day!
- Calvin Klein Trimmings!
- PRESS RELEASE: Judy Kniffin at Bennington Museum i...
- PRESS RELEASE: Joan Curtis at Brandon Artists Guil...
- PRESS RELEASE: Joseph L. Smongeski at Towle Hill S...
- Scrapbook: 12+ Storage Ideas Round-up
- Memo Pops! A Summer Project
- Mini DIY Round-Up
- Restoring a Farmhouse
- Shop our Amish made Dining Room Tables and Chairs
- Behind-the-scenes at Petit Collage
- Robert Allen Fabrics Goes Aztec!
- Chech design from Inveno
- IPE Cavalli home collection
- Nostalgic photography by Diane Varner
- Photography of Jesse Estes
- Pavitabua - Lifestyle Sustainable Solutions
- New "Back to School" Market Launches Today!
- New "Back to School" Market Sneak Peek!
- Sensual photography of Vincent Piotrowski
- Nieto Sobejano architecture
- Advancedesign - product & packaging
- Playing with fabric
- NEW VENDOR La Cividina
- NEW VENDOR Roberti
- NEW VENDOR Garden Art
- NEW VENDOR PSM
- NEW VENDOR Pianca
- NEW VENDOR Green 900
- REVIEW: Art in the Park in North Bennington
- Australia in photography of Andrew McGaughey
- Contemporary glass collection of Anna Torfs
- Weekend Project: Paint by Number Wall - Camp Wanda...
- Summer Tunes: The Pack a.d.
- Make a Typecase into a Coffee Table
- Font Friday!
- 25 Of This Season's Hottest Handbags!
- Modern Crystal Bud Lighting
- A + Z design
- Landscape & travel photography by Kah Kit Yoong & ...
- Chilewich - accessories, which make your home beau...
- Contemporary tabletops from Chilewich
- BATI BALI design - harmonizing states of cleasing,...
- Last Day of our "On the Road" Themed Market
- PRESS RELEASE The S.P.A.C.E. and Backspace Galleri...
- PRESS RELEASE: "Intuitive Color: Recent Paintings ...
- Dispatches from France by @BodieandFou
- Photo of the Day!
- Thibaut's New Collection!
- Ludmila Espiaube photography
- Panoramas of Samuel Bitton
- Link Love
- Looooooooooove this house!!!
- NYIGF 2011 Preview: New Donna Wilson
- Handmade in France: Les Zigouis
- Photo of the Day!
- Modern Home in Australia
- Polish folk jewelry from KIWI workshop
- Sebastien Briere scottish landscapes
- Andrzej Dragan amazing portraits
- Pete Barnes landscapes
- Tembolat Gugkaev design
- Valentin Loellmann - furniture inspired by childho...
- the bathco collection
- Wednesday's 25 Wonderful Vintage Finds
- My Favorite Salad Dressing of the Moment: Creamy T...
- Mini DIY Round-Up
- Fitz & The Tantrums
- A Tropical Paradise in Hawaii ...
- Skater Shades
- Music Download: Quiet America from memoryhouse
- Acquaefuoco - wellness mood
- Aurelio Cachafeiro - artistic projects for archite...
- Inspiration: A Desert Swim
- District Mill works
- Extremis - unusual outdoors furniture
- Magnetic wood cubes & amusing hand-turned top from...
- Foyer or Dining Lanterns!
- DIY: Blue Jean Embellished Tablecloth
- isphotography: Poems for the Eyes
- PRESS RELEASE: Robert Black at Gallery in-the-Fiel...
- CALL TO ARTISTS: "Natural Playground" at the Dark...
- PRESS RELEASE: Katherine Buchmayr at Equinox Villa...
- Earth, Inc ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Elizabeth Torak at Southern Vermont...
- 20 Rad Dorm Decor Ideas
- PRESS RELEASE: Northern Vermont Artists Associatio...
- Mini DIY Round-Up
- Robert Allen Fabrics and Matching Paint Palettes!
- Rena Tom: Making Sense of Your Business Finances
- Urban Colonial ...
- ARTIST PROFILE: Owen Bissex
- PRESS RELEASE: "Out of the Woods" at the Northeast...
- PRESS RELEASE: Snap! Crackle! Pop! at CVAG Cricket...
- PRESS RELEASE: Women’s Work at T.W. Wood Gallery i...
- CALL TO ARTISTS: Art of Horror at S.P.A.C.E. in Bu...
- PRESS RELEASE: Jane Stickle Trunk Show and Worksho...
- Video: PBS Arts Presents TYPE
- ▼ August (145)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)