Come over to the dark side

I adore a white kitchen. So much so that I've collected quite a few pictures of ones I love, which I'll post another day. And if I ever build my dream house, the kitchen will probably be white. But today I want to tempt you to the dark side. These gorgeous kitchens appeal to my monochramatic tastes, and are truly sophisticated and glamourous.

First up is a kitchen that I found in US Country Home. Here is the before picture:



And now the after.... Note the ebonised oak cabinets, counterpointed by the Carrera marble countertops and splashbacks and brushed stainless steel hardware. Love the modern designer lights.

Next up is a kitchen featured in this month's Australian Home Beautiful (my hands down favourite magazine). This is the kitchen of Gaynor Groome, who owns Shades of Pale in Sydney. I'm always noticing bits and bobs from her shop pop up in magazines, and this shop is definitely on my 'to do' list next time I'm in Sydney. The pewter-finish stools were originally in a French Bar. The benchtops are again Carrera marble. The whole house is divine.

And finally, I've left my absolute favourite kitchen for last. This kitchen is in the newly built St Barts home of the owners of the fabulous Day Birger et Mikkelson. It was first featured in UK's Living Etc (another favourite magazine) but is also featured in this month's Australian Home Beautiful (Living etc and Home Beautiful quite often feature the same homes). The whole house is stunning. I love everything about this kitchen - its british colonial monochromatic vibe, the texture of the lights against the sleek cabinetry, and don't get me started on the exposed beamed white ceiling! Perfection on a plate.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com