More Maggie Magic

Ok, so a couple of days ago I showed you Maggie Tabberer's house from 18 years ago. Well this is her house she lives in today. All pictures are from the Australian Women's Weekly. Maggie's lived in at least one other home since the one I showed you (I wish I had kept photos of that one too - it was equally good). Her latest home is a stunning three storey white timber home, built around a courtyard which is dominated by a 100 year old frangipani tree.


Here's the white galley kitchen, complete with chunky white marble benchtops. I'm loving those dark floors.


Here's that marvellous frangipani tree - can you imagine it in full bloom? You can see Maggie's bedroom opens right on to this courtyard - so you could step from the bed straight into the pool should you wish. And doesn't Maggie look fabulous - I hope I look as good slinking around in my caftan as Maggie at 71!

A view of the living room...


If you look carefully at this other view of Maggie's living room, you might notice some objects from her former home - the trunk, chair and the massive spiked swordfish bill were all in her other home I featured. This proves again the old adage that while fashion might fade, style lasts forever.



The serene bedroom has a tropical feel. The feature wall is glazed grey.



Maggie picked up these cutwork embroidery curtains in a market in Italy.


This picture does this bathroom no justice. I adore the cool, serene white marble, funky cutwork lightfitting and the antique chinese chest fashioned into a bathroom vanity. Maggie I'm moving in, I'll just sleep in here thanks.

Asian touches abound....mixed with other bold, earthy treasures picked up on Maggie's travels around the globe.


So, you might be asking yourself by now what is the connection between Maggie Tabberer and artist Marcella Kaspar who I featured yesterday....it's this house. Maggie's home was built by Marcella and her builder/designer husband Mark Cooper. So not only is Marcella a talented artist, she also has some incredible taste in homes (or at least, incredible taste in men who have incredible taste in homes).


These pictures appeared in Australia's Vogue Living. Unfortunately these pictures aren't complete and don't do the place justice.
Same bathroom...same lightfighting, different mirrors. I think I actually prefer these mother of pearl twin mirrors, which they picked up in India.






If you look verrry carefully, it appears that behind the tree is one of Marcella's magnificent huge paintings.


So there you have it - two equally fabulous and stylish women. I hope Marcella Kaspar's current home pops up in a magazine somewhere.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com