Welcome Back Gary Comoglio!
We are thrilled to welcome back, by popular demand, the works of local artist Gary Comoglio.
Gary's art captured the imagination of many of our customers and we are delighted to feature his paintings again during the holiday season. Here's a bit about Gary and his process:
Since graduating from San Francisco Art Institute, Gary's main creative focus has been acrylic painting and Japanese wood block printing.
By changing colors and constantly challenging his completed works, Gary Comoglio is able to create a body of prints that captures the interplay of light to evoke different moods and emotions in the viewer.
He employs European, American, and Japanese techniques to produce the final printed image. Using linoleum as the base material, Gary hand prints all his own prints, the majority of which are one-of-a-kind.
"I am dedicated to creating unique images drawn from my surroundings, and mastering precise technical skills in carving and hand printing. My art is inspired by images from my daily life: I focus on simple beauty, brilliant colors, and strong composition."
When he is not painting, carving or printing, Gary is enjoying one of his other passions which include playing golf; cooking with fresh produce usually purchased at local farmers' markets; spending time with family and friends; motorcycling along the magnificent Bay Area's roads; drinking Sonoma County zinfandels and pinot noirs, New Zealand sauvignon blancs; eating fine cheeses and chocolates; watching British Comedies; and traveling.
A sampling of his works on display and available for purchase at Mignonne, through the end of the year, are shown in the slide show below:
- ► 2011 (1981)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Living Room Furniture
- Bamboo Armoire
- Bamboo Bed
- More Maggie Magic
- Remember to refresh this page...as we make changes...
- Cabinets, Bedside Tables
- After Thanksgiving Sale At Mignonne!
- Marcella Magic
- Maggie Magic
- List Making Time!
- Christmas present ideas
- Red accents in my home
- Gorgeous Hand Thrown Pottery Pieces Now at Mignonn...
- The French Style - INSPIRATION!
- I'm so excited!
- Desk with Three Drawers
- Lamp love
- Filling that blank wall
- How to fill a blank wall
- New Voluspa Candles Have Arrived!
- Dormer windows
- Design Style: New! Driftwood Lamps
- Speaking of Artists.
- Counting down to Christmas
- Welcome Back Gary Comoglio!
- Teeny tiny tables
- Come over to the dark side
- Feeling a little blue (and white)
- Design Style: Nature In White
- Table lamp in white powder coat finish.Rickman end...
- PAINT COLOR HELP - GETTING STARTED
- I've got my head in the clouds
- Tonight ~ Art Opening and Sale at Mignonne!
- More touches of red
- A touch of red
- Gifts for every budget!
- Dining Room Furniture
- Mr Hart what a mess!
- Design Style: Choosing A Sofa
- A little shopping
- My mirrors
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2007 (69)