I've got my head in the clouds

Lately I have become captivated by what I call 'big sky paintings'. I'm loving paintings of big billowing clouds, and if they have a bit of water in the picture too, even better. The three Australian artists I've featured in this post have managed to capture clouds in all their ethereal, moody beauty.


The first artist is Jason Benjamin. I find his work stunningly beautiful. His works also have intriguing, lovely names. This first one is titled 'Never never mine'.



Next, 'Because of you I see the light'
And 'For a moment it all made sense'.



Next up is Sophie Dalgleish. Her work appears so simple and spare, but again, her cloud pictures captivate with a lovely, dreamlike quality.








And lastly, Katarina Vesterberg. to me her paintings have a timeless quality about them - like they could have been painted 50 years ago.










If only I could afford to buy one of these pieces! If they were small enough, I think a frameless one, casually proped up on top of a little table would look great.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com