Twinkling the ivories

Image Cottage Living

Are you one of those people who (like me) wishes they'd persisted with their piano lessons? I gave up at 13 when we moved to a tiny mining town in the middle of nowhere in the outback, without a teacher.

But it's not too late to take it up again!

This piano above was purchased second hand for $100. The new owner spruced it up with some vibrant red paint and new upholstery for the stool.

Doesn't it look fabulous?

I think this is such a great idea - with some paint and some fabric, your piano could fit into virtually any style of interior. And it involves very little money!

I'd probably paint mine white and cover the stool with a hardwearing neutral, nubby linen.

I've seen quite a few second hand pianos while out trawling auction houses. I have nowhere to put a piano in my current tiny house, but maybe in my next house!

Have a fantastic weekend.

Best wishes

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com