Where I blog





I've been tagged by Lee from the fabulous Glimpse of Style in a game of blogspot. The idea is to show everyone your blogging space. If you've been reading my blog before, you might have already seen it, but here it is.....





As part of the game you're meant to say a few things about your blogging space:


1. It never normally looks as neat as it does in this picture. Right now I have a bunch of recipes snipped from magazines to put in my recipe file as well as masses of notices from school which all need my URGENT attention, and a stack of brochures on French doors.


2. The black files are where I keep all my important papers, bills to pay, receipts etc. This part of my desk is very organised and anal.


3. The little set of drawers (below) hold all my stationery and a few other bits and bobs I want to hide away, seeing my trestle table does not have any drawers.


4. If you look very closely at the top picture you might see my two pairs of scissors. I have a thing for beautifully shaped scissors, and am on the hunt for more - I'd love some antique ones.


5. For the moment my pens, scissors etc sit in a vessel from Ikea, which is really meant to be in the kitchen hanging off a hook, as it has a hole in the back. I like its matte finish and its rounded, organic shape, but I'd like to replace it with an antique silver cup (when I find the right one).


6. The scented candle is from Australian company Renee and the scent is divine - mediterranean lily. Even when I haven't lit it, it fills up the room with a lovely scent on warmer days.


7. As I've blogged about before, the ledge above my desk will shortly be filled with black and white photographs, but I haven't got around to it just yet. The button artwork came from the fabulous, talented ladies at Mondo Cherry.






Sometimes I take my laptop to the living room and blog here (below), while watching tv. Even if I'm not in the room I usually have the tv on, as I blog after my son has gone to bed, so I like a bit of noise to keep me company.





The rules of the game are:

Once you are tagged, post a picture of where you blog. Feel free to tell us a little about your space, or explain certain items in more detail. Or not. Tag five other bloggers to show their blog spots.

So I'm tagging:

Fiona from Just Breathe (because I know with my own eyes that she has a fabulous blogging space)

Clare from Mondo Cherry

AnNicole from Our Suburban Cottage

Millie from The Laurel Hedge


Can't wait to see your spaces ladies!
Now I was also given a 'share the luv' award from one of my absolute favourite bloggers, the lovely Millie from The Lauren Hedge. Millie's posts and comments are always entertaining and often laugh out loud funny - and she has the most wonderful eye for style. Millie is a human dynamo - businesswoman, mother of five, loving wife to the Man of the House (aka Moth) and renovator of a home in one of the prettiest places in Australia - Stirling. I'm feeling very honoured to get an award from someone as special as Millie. Thank you!
Now the idea is that I pass it on, but I simply cannot chose. It would be like asking a mother to pick her favourite child. So all I will say that each and every blog that I feature on my 'inspiration from all over the world' is a blog that I love, and read daily, so please consider them all awarded!

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com