Baker Furniture meticulously recreates history's finest furniture and it is especially evident in the Historic Charleston Collection. The Historic Charleston Foundation began in 1947 and is dedicated to preserving and protecting the environment of Charleston, S.C. Baker honors that heritage and history with their collection of gorgeous furniture and accessories. This collection also assists in funding the foundation in their preservation efforts. Look over more of this collection at their site: www.baker.kohlerinteriors.com. Above: This beautiful bow front chest is from a late 18th century piece and is made of solid mahogany.
This solid mahogany cabinet with its unique fretwork is inspired by an 18th century secretary residing at the famous Nathaniel Russell House.
This wing chair is reproduced from an early Georgian antique found in the Joseph Manigault House, circa 1803 in Charleston.
This demi-lune console is adapted from an English commode from 1780. Gorgeous inlays!
This Tulip Chair is based on an early 19th century painted hall chair from the Aiken-Rhett House. This type of chair often lined the vestibules and entries of fine houses for visitors.
This tall mirror is adapted from circa 1830, found at the Aiken-Rhett House in Charleston.
- ► 2011 (1981)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- Leibowitz and McLachlan
- We are Open with Fantastic Furniture!
- Shutterly divine
- Outoor Furniture - Great Tables In Different Style...
- New Prints
- Sherrill Furniture: Sofas That We Love!
- Current Summer Projects
- PJ's giveaway
- Martha Stewart Teams With Safavieh Rugs! Designer...
- If I had a beach house....
- "Soft" Opening for Mignonne's New Address
- Come inside
- Outdoor Lighting: Porch Lamps!
- Some photos around my home
- Furniture Report: Exceptional Styles For Sixty Ye...
- Saturday, June 21st at 2447 San Pablo Avenue in Be...
- getting closer! stop by for a peek!
- CHINTZ: Floral Fabrics That Are Still Cherished!
- Current book obsession
- Sleeping beauty
- It's all there in black and white
- Baker Furniture: Historic Fine Furniture Recreate...
- Metal magic
- Designing Color Schemes: Adding Color To Neutrals...
- Before and after: kitchens
- Designer Fabrics: "Toiles de Jouy" - A French Insp...
- Painted Furniture: Spotlight On "Patina"
- update ... Update ... UPDATE !!!
- Just a little bit beachy
- tagged....six uninteresting things I love
- Leather Ottomans: Wesley Hall Furniture
- Hand Crafted Furniture: Guy Chaddock
- Blowing in the breeze
- Got the blues?
- Decorative Mirrors: Our Love For Reflection
- The cutest little house on the block
- Silver lining
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)