Chintz fabrics have been around since the late 1700's and are defined as: floral printed fabrics made of cotton or linen and often glazed. Most of us still love Chintz, but the glazed floral has been placed on the back burner to make way for textured printed linens. But Chintz still lives in the hearts of many and will never really fade. There are still wonderful patterns available for those floral chintz lovers. Above is a great book on the history of Chintz published by the Victoria and Albert Museum. Check out our column to the left for purchasing this great book. Below are a few examples of popular fabrics as well as two commissioned patterns through Sanderson Fabrics.
This pattern is a limited production pattern now available through Sanderson. This fabric was originally commissioned in November 1910 for the staterooms on the RMS Titantic. Contact your designer or us for more information. To the Trade.
This is a commissioned pattern from Sanderson Fabrics. This fabric was originally produced in 1858 and was used for seating in Winston Churchill's home. A limited production of this fabric is available through Sanderson. Contact your designer or us for more information.
This beautiful pattern is by Vervain - Arisaema in Autumn.
This pattern comes in several colorways including the above in purple, red and sage. Pattern: Chatterton by Osborne & Little.
A beautiful floral from David Easton Fabrics - Liselund in Yellow.
All fabrics are "to the trade".
- ► 2011 (1981)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- Leibowitz and McLachlan
- We are Open with Fantastic Furniture!
- Shutterly divine
- Outoor Furniture - Great Tables In Different Style...
- New Prints
- Sherrill Furniture: Sofas That We Love!
- Current Summer Projects
- PJ's giveaway
- Martha Stewart Teams With Safavieh Rugs! Designer...
- If I had a beach house....
- "Soft" Opening for Mignonne's New Address
- Come inside
- Outdoor Lighting: Porch Lamps!
- Some photos around my home
- Furniture Report: Exceptional Styles For Sixty Ye...
- Saturday, June 21st at 2447 San Pablo Avenue in Be...
- getting closer! stop by for a peek!
- CHINTZ: Floral Fabrics That Are Still Cherished!
- Current book obsession
- Sleeping beauty
- It's all there in black and white
- Baker Furniture: Historic Fine Furniture Recreate...
- Metal magic
- Designing Color Schemes: Adding Color To Neutrals...
- Before and after: kitchens
- Designer Fabrics: "Toiles de Jouy" - A French Insp...
- Painted Furniture: Spotlight On "Patina"
- update ... Update ... UPDATE !!!
- Just a little bit beachy
- tagged....six uninteresting things I love
- Leather Ottomans: Wesley Hall Furniture
- Hand Crafted Furniture: Guy Chaddock
- Blowing in the breeze
- Got the blues?
- Decorative Mirrors: Our Love For Reflection
- The cutest little house on the block
- Silver lining
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)