The simple word "toile" is a shortened form of the term "Toile de Jouy" meaning a type of pattern with a white or colored background depicting a complex scene or theme. This fabric originated from France in the 1700's. Toile de Jouy actually means cloth from Jouy, a town in north central France. In the last twenty years, toile has experienced a flourish of popularity and below we have listed a few favorites of ours. Contact us for more information on any of the fabrics. Above: Scalamandre - Pattern: Winegrowers for draperies and Iveagh plaid on the chairs.
Lee Jofa - Pattern: La Coiffure in rose/tan, cotton and linen blend. Comes in 4 colorways.
Lee Jofa - Pattern: Nirvana in mocha/clay, 100% linen. Comes in 6 colorways.
Kravet - Pattern: Hexad in black/gold/beige, 100% cotton. Comes in 3 colorways.
Kravet - Pattern: Geraine Delft in blue/gold/white, cotton and linen blend. Comes in 4 colorways.
Christopher Norman Collection - Pattern: Les Lions Toile in yellow, 100% cotton.
Bailey & Griffin - Pattern: Paradise Toile in azure/cocoa. Comes in 6 colorways.
Kravet - Pattern: Blissful in beige/green, 100% silk. Comes in 3 colorways.
Anna French - Pattern: Tyntesfield Aqua in 100% linen. Comes in 4 colorways.
- ► 2011 (1981)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- Leibowitz and McLachlan
- We are Open with Fantastic Furniture!
- Shutterly divine
- Outoor Furniture - Great Tables In Different Style...
- New Prints
- Sherrill Furniture: Sofas That We Love!
- Current Summer Projects
- PJ's giveaway
- Martha Stewart Teams With Safavieh Rugs! Designer...
- If I had a beach house....
- "Soft" Opening for Mignonne's New Address
- Come inside
- Outdoor Lighting: Porch Lamps!
- Some photos around my home
- Furniture Report: Exceptional Styles For Sixty Ye...
- Saturday, June 21st at 2447 San Pablo Avenue in Be...
- getting closer! stop by for a peek!
- CHINTZ: Floral Fabrics That Are Still Cherished!
- Current book obsession
- Sleeping beauty
- It's all there in black and white
- Baker Furniture: Historic Fine Furniture Recreate...
- Metal magic
- Designing Color Schemes: Adding Color To Neutrals...
- Before and after: kitchens
- Designer Fabrics: "Toiles de Jouy" - A French Insp...
- Painted Furniture: Spotlight On "Patina"
- update ... Update ... UPDATE !!!
- Just a little bit beachy
- tagged....six uninteresting things I love
- Leather Ottomans: Wesley Hall Furniture
- Hand Crafted Furniture: Guy Chaddock
- Blowing in the breeze
- Got the blues?
- Decorative Mirrors: Our Love For Reflection
- The cutest little house on the block
- Silver lining
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)