PRESS RELEASE: Frank Woods at Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin
RECENT CHAOS: Landscape, Kimono and Abstraction
At the hospital through June 3 in the main entrance lobby.
Frank Woods is a native of Canada. He was born in Vancouver and raised in Montreal, where he also attended college at McGill University. There he received his BA in economics and political science. Following his years at McGill, Frank earned his Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) at Simmons College in Boston. He began drawing by taking classes in the evening division at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
Although he spent most of his career in libraries, Frank always had a passion for art. When he retired from the library world, Frank tapped into a rich art tradition of art en plain air. He learned to work outdoors painting landscapes from his wife’s stepmother, Betty Galbraith Cornell, on the shores of the St. Lawrence River in the Gaspé region of Quebec.
Kimonos came into being during the Heian period (794-1192) in Japan. The word originally meant clothing and later evolved into use as the name of a specific article of clothing. Today, in the Japanese culture kimonos are only worn for special occasions. Vintage kimonos and newly created kimonos are often works of art. Frank uses the outline of the kimono to serve his interest in surface design, composition, and the exploration of different materials.
Labels: Press release
- Designer Staples: Topiaries...
- Affordable Art (PM Edition): Elizabeth Mayville
- Fresh From the Oven: Blake Suarez
- Enjoy the Fresh Air with an Amish Hickory Swing!
- NEW Outdoor Furniture!
- Happy Memorial Day!!!
- All New Shell Lamps!
- Link Love
- PRESS RELEASE: Jessica Hatheway Scriver at Block G...
- PRESS RELEASE: North East Masters of Fine Arts exh...
- Lavish laundry rooms...
- REVIEW: "Photo Journaling" Katrina Mojzesz photog...
- PRESS RELEASE: From the Garden to the Forest; pas...
- The Bordeaux Collection … Amish, handcrafted bedro...
- Hey Buddy!
- Unique Iron Chandelier!
- Bsweden lamps collection
- Avenue Mosaic
- Sylvain Gerber industrial design
- I want to live here...
- Cute Curiosities: Saratops
- PRESS RELEASE: Sam Thurston at River Arts Center,...
- PRESS RELEASE: Raven's Nest Studio and Gallery, No...
- The Furniture
- Coconut Cabinet
- Bed Horizon
- Director Chair
- La Veranda Style
- Zapatero Beds
- "Opium Bed"
- Zapatero Cabinets
- Because we support handmade, we felt a responsibil...
- Jagorta - light transmitting veneered panels
- Welcome to voila!, - cabinet of curiosities
- Kindle Living - lamps collection
- Drum Pendants...
- Bali Sofa
- Weekend Project: Bake a Beet Cake
- PRESS RELEASE: Ilao Jackson at 215 College St. Gal...
- PRESS RELEASE: The Cartoonist's Art: An Evening wi...
- PRESS RELEASE: Kate Mueller at the Korongo Gallery...
- Affordable Art (PM Edition): Michele Maule ( @mich...
- styling and photo workshop by pia jane bijkerk
- PRESS RELEASE: Thought Bombers at the Firehouse- B...
- PRESS RELEASE: Furchgott Sourdiffe Gallery present...
- Affordable Art (AM Edition): Dolan Geiman
- Sleep in Peace on Your New, Stylish, Handcrafted, ...
- Dispatches from Australia: Collaborative Creative ...
- Fabrics and Paint Choices for Your Home
- Before & After's to Inspire
- New: Bemz Bed Skirts, Frame & Headboards
- Fun Site: The Burning House
- Biddulph Design - high quality handmade furniture
- New 'Crystal Glass' tiles collection from Venezia ...
- The Bohemian Settee
- A Handmade Father's Day (Gift Guide) Part 1
- Modern Silver Chandeliers
- Affordable Art (AM Edition): Marisa Seguin
- Vintage scarf collection: Display Idea
- Affordable Art (Eve Edition): 33 Stewart Avenue
- my make believe collection :: 8 :: Rivane Neuensch...
- Pure Green Magazine - Summer Issue!
- PRESS RELEASE: NVAA annual juried exhibition, Jeff...
- Affordable Art (PM Edition): Paintbox
- Save 10% this Memorial Day on all Amish Beds!
- Summer Swing Giveaway!
- Atelier Manferdini - imaginative architecture & pr...
- Fresh From the Oven: Tim Cook
- ModCraft - modern handcraft ceramics
- Bump up Summer: Vanilla Roasted Berries
- Affordable Art (AM Edition): Ruth Shively
- Ikat Neutral Fabrics from Schumacher
- Mid-Week DIY Round-Up
- Boat Series
- New limited edition prints
- New small prints
- Screencast How To: Photoshop Letterpress Effects
- Affordable Art (PM Edition): Matte Stephens
- I spy my little eye, a bike made of wood
- Vito Selma's wood spirit
- Rafael de Cárdenas architecture & design
- Bryan Kerrigan Architectural tiles
- ErthCOVERINGS - wall & floors weight stone coverin...
- Amish Dining Room Furniture made with Hickory Wood...
- Affordable Art (AM Edition): Mary Kate McDevitt
- Neutral Trim and Fabrics from Schumacher!
- New Re-Design Shop Alert: Room 6
- @Rue Magazine Issue 5 (and me and Ez)!
- New Market Launches Today! (Affordable Art & Fathe...
- Lee Jofa and Suzanne Rheinstein Fabrics
- fresh new look!
- Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun
- Field Trip: Container Garden Workshop
- PRESS RELEASE: Suzanne Opton at Photostop Gallery ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Sam Kerson at Studio Place Arts (SP...
- CALL TO ARTISTS: Instructors Wanted at Fletcher Fa...
- MAST 3.0 - carbon fiber furniture innovations
- PRESS RELEASE: Frank Woods at Central Vermont Medi...
- Lamp collection from Vertigo Bird
- PRESS RELEASE: The Planting Seeds of Change Mural ...
- ▼ May (266)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)