Christmas with Mr. and Mrs. Fancy Pants!


Well hello there Poppytalk readers! I think you all know my husband, Mr. Fancy Pants, aka Will Bryant. I am his other half. I answer to Mrs. Fancy Pants…or just Sally. William talked to me a while ago about co-writing a guest post for Poppytalk and I have avoided it until now. To be quite honest, I was very intimidated! I read Poppytalk almost religiously and I'm convinced I don't have 1 ounce of the creativity exhibited by those featured, those guest posting, etc. etc. But all of that aside, I do live with an incredibly talented husband, and after two years his "artsy magic" is beginning to wear off on me. Today marks our first guest post for Poppytalk. I am writing but expect little interjections from Will from time to time! So...here goes.


Christmas with Mr. and Mrs. Fancy Pants!
Christmas is a huge deal to me. Any one who knows me would confirm this fact. I go all out every year. Traditions, music, lights, Santa, stories, memories...I could go on and on.


I find that two of the most aesthetically influential projects for me each year--areas for me to really shine--are Christmas wrapping and Christmas cards. This year marks a first for Will and I. We worked together to design (and by we I mean him) our Christmas card to be sent out to our friends and family. I normally take on a role that could most appropriately deemed "art director" aka bossy backseat driver. However, this year the idea for our card was all mine--execution, of course, had nothing to do with me as I couldn't draw a stick figure if my life depended on it.


From my idea, my incredibly talented husband come up with this. How amazing is it!?It's crazy...it's like he does this for a living Ha!



Using the elements from our card, we had some rubber stamps made at a local shop here in Austin. I used the antlers and pine cone and incorporated them into our present trimmings. A big thanks to Uline for the massively huge roll of recycled craft paper that donned all of our gifts.


I snagged some bakers twine (that I am now obsessed with) from Divine Twine in lieu of ribbon, and our mini gift tags also arrived at our doorstep from Uline. The only hiccup I ran into was the fight I had with the craft paper and cheap tape when wrapping commenced. Industrial gift wrapping tape became a quick necessity for the heavy paper--the cheap kind was NOT going to hold. I'm beginning to think there is a future for the Fancy Pants collaboration projects.

Merry Christmas to all! Looking forward to sharing more 'Fancy' projects with you in the future!

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com