Going all girly

One thing I've noticed since I started reading interior blogs is that many bloggers comment that they find it hard to stick to the one style. I guess looking at those gorgeous pictures all the time, it is easy for us to become swayed. And it is good to be swayed - just a little - you don't want your style to stay fixed, otherwise it can become boring and predictable. But there's a fine line - you don't want to be crazy about mid century modern one week, shabby chic the next, unless you have a lot of time and money on your hands to go changing your decor all the time.

So why did I bring this up? Because I must confess that I too am one of those bloggers that finds it hard to stick to one style. You see most times I'm happily ensconced in a world of simple, natural, neutral interiors (although they can veer from quite modern, to very vintage), but then I see these lovely, girly, refreshing pictures, and I'm tempted to adopt a more feminine style of decorating. However, I haven't been blown too far off course - all these photos still have a lovely simplicity about them that I find very appealing.

Starting with...pink blossoms and the most gorgeous looking pink tins of tea I've ever seen

Selina Lake via Desire to Inspire


A new chair for my bedroom perhaps? Love the silver, a departure from the usual gold




Pretty pretty colours



Lovely copper bath and a feminine chandelier

Polly Wreford

Dressing table perfection


Mint julep cups with pink roses....

Pom Pom Interiors



Gorgeous, glamourous daybed

Stassi Design



Pretty, snowy white femininity, with touches of pink and gold

Stassi Design

A closeup of the mirror, with its lovely old patina
Stassi Design


And what feminine room is complete without some roses?

Polly Wreford


I wouldn't go girly in my whole house, I'm far too practical for that. But a little touch of femininity in the bedroom never goes astray....perhaps I'll go redecorate my boudoir now....

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com