Nautical Style

I love nautical style. Soft blues, lots of white, sandy hues, antique seaside ephemera, shells, lots of texture....When it is is done in a subtle, neutral, relaxed sort of way, nautical style can be just perfect. Like these two pictures below:

What I love about those two bedrooms is that the nautical theme is definitely present, but it isn't over the top, just nicely done. There's lovely little touches of blue - cushions, flowers, pictures, along with a starfish, a bottle, a seaside picture or two, and some nautical themed pages, torn from magazines and simply tacked up on the walls. Lovely!
And in keeping with this nautical theme, I am very excited, because three lovely books have just made their way to me - two of which are on the nautical theme. I order most of my books by mail, because they are cheaper that way, and there's nothing better than getting a package of books in the mail. Here's what I got:

Both coastal style and island life feature some of the home of the impossibly glamorous India Hicks, she of the impeccable English gentry lineage and bridesmaid to Princess Diana, who was recently featured in Cookie. See here.

Here's some little snippets of her style, taken from Island Life:







And here's a peak of Coastal Style:


Easy, breezy nautical style - I love it!

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com