Wine country

In honour of it being Australia Day today, I thought I would show you a pretty little piece of it, which is about one and a half hours from my doorstep...the Clare Valley.



I went up to the Clare Valley this weekend, to pick up my new car (yay!). The Clare Valley is wine country, known for its Rieslings. There's many lovely wineries to visit, some of which are in beautiful old stone buildings, such as this.

Or this



The scenery is quite lovely


There's some antique shops to poke around in


And some good restaurants and cafes, including the Citadel, where I was lucky enough to have lunch. Great food and a stunning vista from the verandah where we dined. Their bowls of rosemary roast potatoes with garlic aioli are so good. And the weather was perfect as we sat there sipping our local wine, looking out across the vines, the pencil pines and the gently rolling hills.



They regularly hold outdoor movie sessions on these lawns, including one coming up with a greek mezze and lamb on the spit dinner...yum!




And then I got to drive my fab new car home and give it a good run! Truly a lovely day.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend, whatever you got up to.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com