Kitchenalia

If you haven't done it already, now is as good as time as any to clear everything off your kitchen benchtops, kitchen walls and the fridge (especially the fridge). I stash my shopping list and diary in an easy to reach cupboard, and school notices and other flotsam and jetsam are stored on the inside of the pantry door - so I can keep those notices off the fridge (but still in a convenient spot). You could even paint the inside of a cupboard with magnetic paint. And I keep all those bills and unopened letters out of the kitchen, while those ugly vitamin pill jars are in the cupboard right next to the glasses to remind me to take them (or in my underwear drawer!)

Once you've cleared the kitchen you can release your inner stylist, only placing those things that are beautiful in sight. Here's some examples that I found inspiring.

I love it when objects are both beautiful and practical, such as these below. Each item is a thing of beauty on its own, but they way they are put together is a feast for the eyes.




Now I'm not so sure I'd be game enough to put such a gorgeous lamp as this in a kitchen, but I'm loving the rustic wooden utensil holder and all the gorgeous wooden utensils it holds.




Antique milk bottles and some greenery in an old vessel make for a pretty picture against the window.

Wood, tin and wicker add textural interest.
A collection of antique rolling pins adds personality to a quiet corner.

Some greenery adds that extra spark to an all white kitchen.



Another example where the practical can also be beautiful. Gleaming silver pots add sparkle (but good luck to keeping them looking that way!)



A dresser or glass fronted shelves provide ample opportunities to show your collectibles, antiques and family heirlooms.





More lovely utensils....I see a recurring theme happening. Love that antique silver tin.

Sometimes its the little details that can make the difference...decant the washing up liquid into a lovely oil bottle and place it next to a bloom from your garden.




An antique breadbin adds some homely, country style warmth.


More blooms plucked from the garden and placed in a pitcher.



I'm off to reshuffle my benches....

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com