I'm beaming

I'm beaming because I've just bought a new car! My current little beast has done almost 200,000 clicks, so it was time to let this little workhorse go. A lovely zippy, shiny silver beastie is now mine!

So in honour of my happy mood, I thought I would show you some favourite pictures of mine, all featuring beams! I know, I know, it is a rather weak link. But I've been drawn to rooms featuring exposed beams for years now. I think I like the airy quality they bring to the room - all that ceiling space. They also bring a sort of farmhouse feel to a room.

Here's some of my favourite pics. All have a light, bright, casual quality about them. Notice the soothe, calming colour schemes. I think a room with lots going on in terms of beams criss crossing the ceiling need to be offset by soft neutrals and a minimal clutter, to ensure the beams remain the star of the show.


Sharyn Cairns


Sharyn Cairns



living homes and gardens




via Pure Style Home






Darryl Carter via Pure Style Home





Simon Kenny, Content Features

These next pictures are from the amazing holiday home of the owners of Danish fashion and homewares company Day Birger et Mikkelson. This home is in St Barts, and all I can do is sigh at its loveliness. All three pictures courtesy of Living etc.















Apologies for the quality of this last picture...it has been sitting in my style file for years. It still looks fresh and current for today though. Love the slight nautical feel.


Australian Better Homes and Gardens

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com