And another sister….

What happens when a deserted, unloved and forlorn cottage meets a determined, creative, stylish woman?

Magic.

country home white cottage1

This idyllic home, set in the mountains of North Carolina, and surrounded by woods, is the work of Carole Faust. I’ve had these pictures in my style file since 2003 and they are well thumbed, so please excuse the quality of the images.

Little touches of greenery are everywhere.

country home glass bottles

This once dark and dingy home is now flooded with light. Vegetation had taken over, shutting out light. Once that was cleared, walls were painted in shades of white, linen and taupe, while floors were painted in glossy white enamel.  

country home white cottage3a

I love the humbleness of this cottage and it’s colours – predominately white, with shades of brown and black to keep it grounded and touches of beachy blue.

country home white cottage3b

 

Carol has filled her home with flea-market finds and collections of ironstone, apothecary jars and shells.

country home white cottage3c

 

  country home white cottage3d 

white hutch with shells better homes and gardens

These twin beds are from the 1940s and have been painted black by Carol.

country home white cottage5a

I never tire of this picture below. I love the touches of black, and the collection of black and white photography. The chair is a church hall fete find, bought for $5.

 country home white cottage 4

Carole’s bedroom is painted a soothing linen colour.

country home white cottage5b

 

This is one of my favourite images from this home (below). I love everything about it – the industrial style table and stool. The chest with its tiny little drawers, the industrial lamp, the vintage maps propped up on the chest.

country home white cottage6a

 

country home white cottage6d

 

country home white cottage9

   

I love this porch – so fresh and tranquil looking!  I would love to find some cane vintage furniture like this to paint white.

     country home white cottage 10

country home white cottage7a

All images from Country Home, June 2003.

Doesn’t Carol look happy in her cottage? 

I hope you too are happy, wherever you happen to be, this weekend! 

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com