Warm me up now!

I'm a spring and summer kind of person. In autumn a melancholy feeling starts spreading over me, as I anticipate the many weeks of darkness and cold winds ahead. Then by the time winter truly hits, I'm usually grouchy, sometimes even downright depressed!

This year, in my part of the world, we seemed to have skipped autumn completely and jumped straight into winter. My whole system is in shock!

But still, winter has its advantages. My new mantra for winter will be 'focus on the positive'. So here's some nice things about winter which I do enjoy.


Hot chocolates........





Snuggly throw rugs in soothing colours with delicious textures......




The soft warm glow of candlelight while outside all is dark and cold.....




Knitting (except I forgot to learn - oops!)......




Snuggling up under doonas while the rain hammers down on the roof.......



And comfort food, like rib-sticking casseroles.....




I've been trawling through my photos, searching for rooms that have more of a winter feel than a summer feel, and you know, I struggled. I think that really does prove that I'm a summer person. This is the best I could come up with....


A couch layered with lots of snuggly cushions and throw rugs, with bare branches in a vase....



A gorgeous, if somewhat stark room, softened up by an exquisite fake fur rug to keep you warm....




A cosy room full of texture, with a magnificent fire place for a roaring fire...




A soft, muted room with a thick feet-friendly rug and curtains at the windows to keep the warmth in......



A chocolate couch and feature wall to heat things up and a large woolen rug to keep things warm underfoot......


And finally, a cosy nook, complete with knitting basket, roaring fire and slippers....heaven!

If you have any more tips for enjoying winter, please let me know!

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com