East meets west


I love it when a beautiful Asian antique is added to a room. Like a dash of soy sauce, it adds that extra zing, an added dimension that makes a room unique and personal.




Whether that be an ancient buddha.......






A beautiful console re-purposed as a bathroom cabinet....




Or any of the diverse pieces of Asian antique furniture.....







.....I just love the drama that an Asian piece can bring to a room.



I especially love when Asian pieces are put into a room that has a predominately Scandinavian look or a French look.


I think the juxtaposition of Asian furniture against more European-style pieces can prevent a room from looking too 'themed' and makes it more individual.



I have a number of Asian pieces in my home, some of which I've posted about before, but I'll put them all together in a post soon.

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com