Modern homes of today look the best when they have items that are "unexpected". See four room examples of this below from the Brice showroom in Atlanta.
This beautiful spool chair is stained in a dark finish and then covered with an ikat fabric in browns, grays and blacks. The unexpected part is the ivory fabric as a coordinate, this anchors the chair and makes the ikat fabric come to the forefront without being too busy. If the ivory was left out, the chair would not have the extra punch shown here. Brice Showroom, Atlanta. To the trade.
This large ottoman is a traditional style with its turned legs and traditional wheels. Then covered in a modern "flour sack" fabric in blue and ivory. Mix the old and new to create something special for your room!
Add that extra special piece to your room for a focal point! This new table is a rendition of an antique cart in iron with natural wood shelves. A unique piece for any decor!
This beautiful chest has all the style and flair of the elegant and dressy chests that have been a part of traditional homes for years. But the old style has been updated to a new style by using distressed wood and adding a dark stain in a more clear finish. This highlights the true patina of the wood and shows all the flaws. We love distressing and flaws!
All photos courtesy of me, from the Brice Showroom in Atlanta. To the trade. The perfect place for your designer to pick up something special for instant love!
- Press Release: Zoë Barracano at August First, Burl...
- In Depth With the Artist: Lilymoon
- The 365 Knitting Clock
- PRESS RELEASE: Peg Racine at Bryan Memorial Gllery...
- Discover Artemano...
- PRESS RELEASE: Tim Cunningham at The Art House in ...
- 29th April 2011 - The Prince William and Miss Cath...
- Weekend Reading: T Design and Living
- In Depth With the Artist: A Quick Study
- Link Love
- More new collector cards
- More Cards
- Eggs Benedict & Vintage Love
- Royal Wedding Fever @ Artifacts
- PRESS RELEASE: Nancy Schade Talk and Exhibit at Ar...
- Schumacher's Wallpaper Makes a Difference!
- Celebrity Homes: Jennifer Lopez ...
- Local Art Market
- DIY: The Mason Jar + Mother's Day
- Smaller Iron Dining Chandeliers
- Celebrate Mom with an Amish handcrafted Jewelry Bo...
- Save 10% on our Amish handcrafted quilts, quilted ...
- In Depth With the Artist: Mr. Yen
- The Writing is on the Wall...
- REVIEW: "In the Zone" at the Brattleboro Museum an...
- No Crust Required: Crustless Broccoli & Feta Quich...
- The "Where To Shop Besides Pottery Barn" Project
- Romo Trimmings
- Consider our Amish Shaker Beds to bring simplicity...
- Cool Decorating Trick No. 6
- Inspiration: How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Matmi Ikat Chair is pure love....
- Spirit in the Wood
- Photo of the Day!
- New Shop Alert: The New Domestic
- Capel rugs collection
- Modern Pendants For Dining!
- In Depth With the Artist: Heather Smith Jones
- PRESS RELEASE:Robin Lahue at O'Maddi's Deli and Ca...
- Set Decor, Part Deux...
- How to Make a French Hand-Tied Bouquet Workshop Th...
- M is for Mother
- PRESS RELEASE: Pet Portraits at Davis Studio in Bu...
- New Market Today! Paper Pops!
- Galbraith and Paul's Handmade Rugs!
- Carpet Reloaded collection
- Comforty - Polish modern living style
- Outdoor & Indoor furniture collection from Bysteel...
- Office & home furnishing from Gaspen
- Hagit Pincovici creative design
- Handmade natural soap from 'A wild soap bar'
- Cleto Munari home collection
- John Hardy Jewelry with the spirit of the nature
- PRESS RELEASE: Some First Friday Events in the Sou...
- Maximo Riera's animals furniture
- CHANGES: John Brickels opens new Gallery at the So...
- PRESS RELEASE: Magic Carpets at The Northeast King...
- CALL FOR ENTRIES: Keys for Main Street Museum in W...
- PRESS RELEASE: Alison Goodwin and pieces from the ...
- For the love of lanterns...
- CALL FOR ENTRIES: Abstract Photography Exhibit at...
- PRESS RELEASE: Magical Garden at Fletcher Free Lib...
- Happy Easter
- Try it! Black doors...
- Time-lapse Footage of the Milky Way
- DIY: Downloadable Easter Garlands
- Distressed Black Iron Chandelier!
- 10% off Amish Hickory Rockers at Dutchcrafters.com...
- French Black Iron Sconces!
- Link Love: Earth Day
- Disppatches from the UK
- Design Face Lift by Q. A Design
- Transiessence - Northern Michigan University
- Naked photography of Carsten Witte
- Indoor & outdoor lamp collection from Torremato
- Chrysalide - edition
- DIY: Candy Favours
- Celebrate Marathon Day!!!
- Wallpaper Can Be Modern! Schumacher's Designs Neve...
- Weekend Project: Easter Centrepiece
- Video: The Design Vlog at Zona Tortona
- Easter DIY Round-Up
- Last 2 Days of Green Pop Market
- Our Amish handcrafted Hope Chests make popular gra...
- Press Release: Mark Goodwin at Bigtown Gallery, Ro...
- PEEP S’MORES!
- Houseproud? Want to be on TV?
- Press Release: “Scattered Art,” by Phillip Godensc...
- Vegetable and Shrimp Rice Noodle Salad
- Save 5% at checkout on all orders . . . Happy East...
- Save 5% Off Everything this Easter!
- Design 101: Do the Unexpected!
- Home Sweet Home Tour: Scouts Honor Co.
- VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!
- HOLT RENFREW AND ROLLOUT LAUNCH NEW SPRING DISPLAY...
- Industrial Bronze Lighting: Four Different Ways!
- Dispatches from France
- Earth Day Inspiration: Cross-Writing
- New Business: Cartolina Consulting
- bunny holding a bear holding a bunny
- ▼ April (276)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)