PRESS RELEASE: Peg Racine at Bryan Memorial Gllery in Jeffersonville

Bryan Memorial Gallery Opens for the 2011 Season on May 6

Work by Peg Racine featured in the Middle Room, May 6 - June 26, 2011

Peg Racine of Brandon, Vermont, began her career as a gemologist and designer of jewelry. Her introduction to studio art in college led her to participate in art groups and shows throughout upper NY state. In 2001, she settled in the active art community of Brandon, VT, centered around the Brandon Artist Guild. For the Guild, Racine has chaired its Display Committee year-round since 2004, has chaired its annual fundraising event, and was a Board member for four years.

Racine states, "I have always had art in my life; it is a peaceful and solitary act that I enjoy. It is as much about the materials, the buttery feel and smell of oil paint, the endless manipulation, as it is about the final product. It is a visual conversation that I have with myself, a mapping out of a plan and editing of the content; it is to express in as few strokes as possible my vision of the moment. It is the most challenging and exasperating endeavor I do."

Racine's exhibition in Bryan Memorial Gallery's Middle Room is the sixth in a series of one person shows over two years, spotlighting gallery members who are also members of the Northern Vermont Artist Association (NVAA).

Image Peg Racine, Vermont River

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com