Matmi Ikat Chair is pure love....




When i picked up this little 60's chair, I was in love with the shape, size and possibility! It had the perfect masculine silhouette, one of the many things I love about these mid century pieces, but it also screamed take a risk...and spice it up. I love the look and feel of raw silks, but also want my chairs to be pieces you can cozy up in with out all the fuss. I picked up a small amount of this green, vintage Thai Ikat fabric, also known as Matmi, and knew I could use it somehow as an accent in a chair. The black & white raw silk blend used in the seat has the durability that I love for daily use, and the Ikat has just the right amount of sophisticated color to shine. The little decorative reversable pillow pulls her all together.

The Matmi Ikat technique is also extremely fascinating and is very labor-intensive! From what I've read it requires great skill because the yarn has a tie-dye technique that happens before it is all weaved. I am so drawn to these bright, bold patterns, that feel timeless, organic, and vibrant. Email us at quotes@mignonnedecor.com, for a free review of a piece you are thinking of transforming! Remember my collection of fabrics grows daily, and I would love to help design a piece with you!

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com