My best friend is prego with TWINS, one boy and one girl! Way to kill two birds with one stone (tee-hee). She is the first on my core girlfriends to have children so we celebrated with an intimate baby shower brunch. (Can I just tell you that there must be something in the water because Katie is the 3rd woman I know having double trouble)
Since there will be a boy and a girl, I went with a gender neutral color pallet for decorations - all the colors of the rainbow... but, really I wanted an excuse to use my Fiesta plates.
The paper mobiles are going to be hung in the nursery which I think is kind of special. They are really easy to make, you can find instructions here. Big thank you Natalie for sewing these together and getting them to me on time ;)
The little flags are made with Japenese washi tape which I highly recommend purchasing. There are endless DIY projects you can do with washi tape, examples found here.
The beverage is Logan Clifford's famous Mint Lemonade which is the perfect drink for summer. The trick is to place the mint leaves in the bottom of a strainer and pour the boiled lemonade over the leaves very slowly. Repeat the process 5 times and then place fresh mint in the pitcher to soak up the mint flavor. Seriously, you have to try it! You can thank me later.
I just love spending time with my ladies folks on beautiful and special days like this one.
- PRESS RELEASE: Henry Gorski Retrospective, Union S...
- Hello Strawberries, Popsicles, Lemonade, Fresh Cut...
- New Works: Leah Giberson
- Amy Rice Letterpress/Sign Press Contest (of sorts)...
- Modern sofas from Sophisticated Living
- Check out our newest Amish kitchen furniture!
- PRESS RELEASE: New shows at SPACE and BACKSPACE, B...
- Dispatches from Sweden
- Cool Decorating Trick: Drawer Knobs for for Hooks...
- PRESS RELEASE: Unveiling and Opening of work by Ka...
- PRESS RELEASE: Craig Mooney at Gallery North Star ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Deidre Scherer Open Studio in South...
- PRESS RELEASE: Paul Gruhler and Marion Stegner at ...
- O Henry House Upholstery
- Tralhao Furniture
- Baltus furnishing collection
- Northern Lighting
- MD Studio - exhibition design
- Perou - art of portraits
- It's Rainbow Day! #SummerColoursWeek
- Summary Wednesday's Blues
- PRESS RELEASE: Jeri Canfield and Nick Rosato, Art...
- Blue Break #SummerColoursWeek
- New Show: Boreas with Lisa Congdon + Sarah Appleb...
- All Racked Up!
- Mini DIY Round-Up
- A Perfect Getaway, Villa One Twenty...
- Lookbook Correction Notice: bstudio
- For all of you True Blood fans out there if you we...
- Handmade Farm Tables Galore...
- PRESS RELEASE: Renée Bouchard and David Hurwitz at...
- Marvic Textiles
- Keep it Simple: Tomato and Basil Pizza
- Canada Day Inspiration
- July 4th DIY, Printables + Cake!
- #SummerColoursWeek: Blue
- English Garden Galore
- DIY: Reclaimed Wood Dining Table
- Summer Colours Week - Summary Tuesday's Pinks
- A Pink Break #SummerColoursWeek
- Inspiration: Maya Hayuk #SummerColoursWeek
- Download: 3D Papercraft Camping Scene July Calenda...
- New Trimmings from Houles of France
- Muralto - Swiss design for life
- Inax - High Tech toilets & bathroom collection
- Keleen Leathers - leathers walls, floors and inter...
- Coast Modern Film
- Summer Colours Week: Pink #SummerColoursWeek
- Summer Colours Week - Summary Monday's Yellows
- Win 500 Stickers In Our MOO Giveaway!
- A Mellow Yellow Break #SummerColoursWeek
- July Lookbook is here!
- Summer Colours Week Kicks Off Today!
- Too Much Success, Part III
- Peter Fasano Fabrics
- Soak it all in...
- Zigzags and Stags
- Double Trouble
- Press Release: Helen Day Art Center, EXPOSED exhib...
- The cutest house I have ever seen.... ever!
- Dilip Bhatia photography
- A Walk on the Wild Side
- Mignonne Summer Sale Series!! Pop up & Pop In xoxo...
- On a Pedestal ...
- REVIEW: William Ramage at Gallery-in-the-Field in ...
- 3D Animated Photo's by Jaime Martinez
- Margaret Kilgallen: Summer / Selections at Ratio 3...
- PRESS RELEASE: Celebrating 20 Years at FS Gallery ...
- Weekend Project: Midsummer Table
- REVIEW: Edward Koren and Fulvio Testa at Big Town ...
- PRESS RELEASE: Eighteen Riverside Artists Open Stu...
- Link Love!
- PRESS RELEASE: Elizabeth Nelson at White Water Gal...
- Tjep Studio
- Babini office - make your office feel like home
- Hard Graft - Purveyors of fine lifestyle accessori...
- The Cottage Collection: Handpainted Amish Furnitur...
- Sneak Peek: At Your Leisure Zine!
- Houles Drapery Rods
- Obsession of the day: Butcher Block ...
- New Embroidered Arrows from Quivver!
- Papier-mâché Hot Air Balloons by @bekkapalmer of ...
- Art Prize
- Mitchell Kanashkevich's travel photography
- Mini DIY Round-Up!
- New for 2011 from Dessin Fournir
- Celebrity Homes: Courtney Cox ...
- Usona - home collection with good taste
- Comma Workshop Launches Baby Quilt Line
- Elle Decor + Courteney Cox's Malibu Retreat
- Don't forget to write!
- Brittany Powell Goes Nautical
- Household Tip No. 1
- INTERVIEW: Emi River Visits Genese Grill
- A Clean Slate...
- Join us for Summer Colours Week!
- IDSwest Media Preview: Design on Display
- Hand Painted, Hand Crafted Amish Armoires ... It r...
- American Made Furniture - A Sensible Alternative t...
- Coastal Collection from Robert Allen
- ▼ June (280)
- ► 2010 (1178)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (212)
- ► 2007 (69)