New Show: Boreas with Lisa Congdon + Sarah Applebaum

Photo: courtesy of Lisa Congdon and Gallery Hijinks (via My Love For You)

Last week, Meighan from My Love For You headed over to Lisa Congdon's studio to catch a glimpse of her new work for her upcoming show Boreas, which opens this Saturday at Gallery Hijinks in San Francisco with window installations by Sarah Applebaum. Each time I see new work from Lisa I think this is my favourite so far, and then she does it again; this time I'm blown away.  Using a vibrant palate, Congdon offers a series of paintings, drawings and collages so the viewer may visually experience the continuous daylight of Iceland’s summer midnight sun, autumn’s Aurora Borealis and winter’s endless darkness, all in one scope.

Meighan took some photo's of Lisa's studio also while she was there.  Not to be missed. Click here to see.




Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com