True blue



When it comes to boys' rooms, I'm a traditionalist. I love the tried and true theme of red, white and blue. I know it's been done a million times before, but for me, it works! Here are some of my favourite images.



In the picture above, I love the thick quilt, the bunting over the bed and the built in bookshelf - artfully arranged of course!



In the picture below, I've fallen in love with the sweet built in bunk bed, the window seat (a place to dream and read) and the battered leather chair. This looks like a room a boy (or two) could have a lot of fun in - lots of pirate fights and late night ghost stories!





More bunting below, and lovely bead board walls and ceiling for that nautical feeling. Isn't this little boy adorable in his stripey pjs?



Now little Charlie (below) is one lucky little fella, being the proud owner of this jaunty little room. Again, I'm loving the built in bookshelves and the crisp colour theme - oh and those blue and white striped pillows!




Now I'm just loving this inspired room below - it really has style and individuality. I think the red and white stripes are what tips it over the edge for me. I'd love to do this in my son's room, but it is such a small room that I think the stripes would overwhelm it.



How cool would it be, to be a boy with your very own teepee?



As I type, I am listening to the rain pelting down on the roof. I think we are in for a rather wintry evening, so I am so happy to be sitting in my warm living room, with my son at my side (he's reading Enid Blyton's The Enchanted Wood, which fills me with joy to know my son is reading the same books I loved as a kid), with dinner in the oven.


Images 1 Jenni Booth for Sheridan, 2 John Gruen, 3 Chris Everard, 4 Driftwood and chandelier, 5 Andreas von Einsiedel 6 Chris Everard

I hope you all have a wonderful, fun-filled weekend!


Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com