Just Getting Back

I feel like I have been away a long time... it has been a crazy couple of weeks. Two weeks ago my three children came down with serious head colds, the end of the year flu, and strep throat - which really knocked them out - and therefore, it knocked me out, too.

Then last week we got a little addition to our family... at least a temporary addition. Our family provides foster care for children (ages newborn to three). On Monday, we received a call that they had a little infant boy that needed a home that night. The first week is always a big adjustment for everyone... but our children all seem to be adjusting so well, and this little boy is a delight to take care of.

Hopefully, we will be healthy and back into our routine now...

** In case you are curious... my husband and I have been providing foster care for children for four and a half years. It has been a great blessing for our family, though it has also been really tough at times. We also are a legal risk home... which means if a child in our care becomes available for adoption, then we happily expand our family. Our three children have all come to us through foster care adoption.

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com