Feeling rusty

dekorerat se rusty letters

Rusty things immediately catch my eye. I love their strong brown colour and their jaggedy texture.

 

jon jensen photography rusty gate

lisa cohen5

I love the rough with the smooth, the old with the new, the light with the dark. I think rusty old things add a timeworn, homespun feel to a room – character!

rusty lampshade magdalenas home

rusty lantern magdalenas home

I have so many rusty things in my house. Some people don’t understand the attraction, but I’m in love.

Here’s one of my rusty lanterns – I have two. I bought these on holidays about ten years ago from seaside holiday town Noosa on holiday. Alongside it is a rusty photo frame I got in  Sydney many years ago too. If you look closely you might see me in the picture with my brother and sister – I’m the little one!

DSC_0157

This little rusty table was a recent bargain buy I couldn’t resist. I love how the colour of the sticks blends in so well with the table.

DSC_0220

And this is a rusty architectural salvage piece I have in my living room that I picked up on auction.

DSC_0259

Images 1 - Dekorerat 2 – Jon Jensen 3 – Lisa Cohen 4 &5 – Magdalena’s home 6, 7 & 8 - Me

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com