Once more with feeling

black couch

Image Australian Home Beautiful

Found another picture of a gorgeous black couch, so I couldn’t resist posting it!

I love this whole room in fact – the gorgeous armoire with the beautiful tassle, the hat boxes and vintage suitcases, the chandelier, the neutral cushions, and check out that gorgeous tray! I wonder what it is made of? 

One blogger I visit regularly is Lee from Glimpse of Style. Lee has great style and features the most fabulous Melbourne homeware shops. Lee’s asked me to list six interesting things about me. Hmmm….not sure how interesting they are, but here’s some facts about me anyway!

  1. I was born on the day that man first landed on the moon. There was a radio on in the labour room while my mum was giving birth to me so they didn’t miss out on anything!
  2. As a girl I spent four years living in the country. For part of that time I lived in Leigh Creek, a tiny mining town in the middle of nowhere, a seven hour drive to the city. Being so isolated, we only had access to one radio station and one tv station. As a music addicted teenager, that was hard! We lived on the edge of town and at dusk we could peek over our back fence and see kangaroos hopping about.
  3. The following year I moved with my mum and dad to Chicago, USA. I went from a town in the middle of the outback with 1500 people, to a city of 15,000,000 people! Total culture shock. Total weather shock. A formative time in my life. My first night in Chicago, I ate dinner on the 96th floor of the Sears Tower, up amongst the clouds. Such a lucky experience for a teenager.
  4. I never wear heels. That’s because I’m 5 foot 10 inches tall, well above the average height for a woman. I tower over most of my friends, particularly as I have a couple of close girlfriends that are just barely over 5 foot! It comes in handy at the supermarket – little old ladies ask me to get things off high shelves for them!  
  5. I have a recurring dream that I’m back at university, I’ve skipped a whole semester of lectures and I’m sitting at an examination not knowing a single answer! Aaagh!
  6. I spent my 30th birthday in the tropics, which was a real treat as my birthday is in winter. I got up early to watch the sunrise over the ocean and as I sat on the beach looking at the beautiful view I saw a pod of dolphins frolicking in the water. A special time.

Enough about me, what about you?  If you would like to tell us six interesting things about you, let me know by posting me a comment with a link to your post!

I think I’m coming down with the flu, so no visiting my favourite blogs tonight, or watching my new favourite tv show, Life on Mars. Sadly, I’m off to bed!

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com