On a mission

antique sign mari eriksson

mari eriksson

Images Mari Eriksson – An Angel at My Table

I have a little mission: most weekends over the last couple of months I’ve been visiting my favourite auction house looking for a little cupboard that I can paint white. I want something that will tuck into a corner of my living room that I can fill with toys and top with a lovely mirror. It needs to be a certain height and width to fit nicely.

For me, half the fun of decorating is the searching - the thrill of the chase, the challenge of finding just what you have pictured in your mind, at the right price.

I’ve found a number of things that have caught my eye at the auction house, like an old typewriter and a beautiful antique perfume bottle with silver lid, but I missed out on both unfortunately – my absentee bids were too low. And my little cupboard has so far proved elusive.

So this weekend, in addition to going to the auction house I’ll also going a little further afield to Strathalbyn - a small town about an hour out of Adelaide that has some good antique shops. I’ll be going with a couple of friends, and we’ll stop and have lunch at a nice cafe, so it should be a pleasant day. Hopefully I will find what I’m looking for, but even if I don’t it should still be fun!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com