Showcasing shells


If you have read my blog before, you might know that I'm mad about shells. Love 'em! Just about every room in my house has at least one shell.

To me, they are a miracle of nature, pure perfection, and I look in wonder and awe at their shapes and colours, from the tiniest to the biggest.

I love seeing how others have put out their shell collections and today I've picked out my absolute favourite images.

The image above would have to be one of my favourite images. Ever. Full stop. I can look at this image over and over. I just love everything about it - from the humble painted white cupboard with those fabulous draw pulls. The wire basket on top. The glass bottles, the collection of cute little wicker baskets And then there's the shells and the coral. The look is artful, yet uncontrived. I just want to pick up this cupboard and place it in my house.

This next image, below is a little more formal, but so beautiful. I'm a book lover from way back, so I love the way they've mixed the books with the shells and coral and other tidbits.


Here's a closer look.


Here, below is another humble cupboard with all the aspects I love - books, shells, coral, antique glass bottles. So sweet.


Ooh look, can you see a pattern?


Uh, huh.
Now here's a display of simplicity - the beauty of the shells speak for themselves, and things always look good in threes.

How about these fantastic follised shells below? Simply stunning! This vignette is from the home of the incredibly talented Atlanta Bartlett, stylist and author of At Home With White and The Relaxed Home (I own both) and more. In fact it seems she has a new book coming out next month! For more pictures of Atlanta's home click here.

Images 1 an old Country Home magazine 2 & 3 Simon Kenny 4 & 5 Better Homes and Gardens 6 Belle magazine 7 Living Etc

I hope these images make you as happy as they make me!
Best wishes,

Blog Archive

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Ping in TotalPing.com